Monday, September 14, 2015

Rosh Hashana

L'shanah Tovah! (Happy New Year).

It is now the year 5667 in the Jewish Calendar, and my Rosh Hashana has been pretty good.

There is the belief that what happens during the day reflects what you will experience throughout the year. So if you have a fight with someone, well you might be doomed to that nonsense until the next Rosh Hashana. Did you have some wine? Well, I hope you're looking forward to a merry year.

I spent the holiday setting up a character for the Dungeons & Dragons group (Yes, apparently Israel even has those!) I joined, and downloading a new game, which unfortunately I still cannot make work.

I ate a shit-ton of rice. So I guess I'll have a lot of rice in my future also.

I was invited to a dinner with someone I met in our building. I went and it was an orthodox dinner, and there was quite a bit of good food. Never had chicken stuffed with couscous before. There was a lot of singing, and my host's father ended up dancing a bit also.

I'd say it was because of the alcohol, but it was only 3.8% so I think they were just high spirited because of the new year.

Unfortunately because they were orthodox I wasn't able to take photos (many consider it rude). I'm going to assume they figured any photographs would steal their souls.

I'm hoping for a good new year. I'm not having the greatest time with my roommate, and it came to a head the night before Rosh Hashana, so hopefully that will get settled. The last thing I need is strife in my life.

I haven't had the greatest track record with roommates, but usually the issues come from my end- not cleaning the area enough, or leaving dishes, or drinking belligerently. Whatever, you name it. But for once it's the other, and I've got to say that's leaving me a bit without a clue how to react.

Hopefully we can has it out- the rest of the group comes back within the next few days, and our group leader tomorrow.

I'm wish y'all a great New Year. Let's make 5667 kickass!


No comments:

Post a Comment