Sunday, September 6, 2015

Desert And Camels.



The last two days have been fairly entertaining.

We are beginning to move into what the core of the project 10 program will be; we delegated duties. I ended up being part of the group of us that will focus on media; mainly keeping people updated through facebook, a blog we will start about the program, and instagram.

Seems pretty fitting.

We spent the evening before today at a lookout over the expanse of the desert surrounding Arad. It is beautiful for sure. I took a good photo of a fellow volunteer, a Jew ironically named Christopher.





On the way back we had a bit of a fun surprise; several camels were wandering the street. They were extremely docile, so much so we believe they are actually bedouin camels that are allowed to forage on their own when not in use.

So there's not only stray cats, but camels also apparently. I managed to get pretty close, too.




I have named it Sheba.

We began studying hebrew also. I am fortunate that I went to the ulpan back in Naan a month or so ago, and seem to be fairly well equipped to pick up where I left off. I still have all my notes naturally, but the worksheets and study aides will prove fantastic in the days ahead.

Honestly, I'm grateful. The others have never seen the shorthand of Hebrew before, so it's neat to have the leg up. The first time I've ever been ahead when it came to a language other than English. So to my teacher Alaya from kibbutz Naan, you are seriously kickass for teaching us that in the first weeks there.

The leg has healed... mostly. Either I heal quick, or the cuts were shallow, the leg looks better and better everyday. Here's hoping I haven't contracted rabies. Never thought I'd say that, either.

The day is almost over as I write this, and I am curious to see what tomorrow will bring.

Stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment