Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Small Plague Of Problems

Here I am three days from leaving for the Middle East, and I have hit a snag.

Somebody where I live thinks because I am leaving it is alright to prey on me. Thus far on three occasions property of mine has been stolen in the last five days. No measure has helped, and since I work and sleep, I cannot keep my guard up at all times. It has not really been big things; money and a vaporizer, as well as a book and some clothing. I would like to think I misplaced these items, but truthfully having searched high and low, I know that is not the case.

It is petty, and cruel. I am leaving the country and this is what I have to leave with; essentially a middle finger.

And I am certain it will not end there.

Because I need to ensure that my travels will not be jeopardized such as my passport being stolen, or remaining money (I have closed my bank accounts, so am keeping a tight grip on my finances) I have decided that because I cannot prove who is doing this with whom I live to stay with friends instead. It seems the most prudent. I do not have the time to make a police report where nothing can be done, and frankly I believe this is being done because I am leaving. So I may as well leave early and be done with the situation.

It is a shame that such things happen to people, especially when they are leaving for another continent to help others. I want to leave the country on good terms, not with an essential middle finger from those I have been living with, but we cannot change what has been done.

I am writing about this because it is interesting. I see this journey as being a kind of story in the writing, and this is certainly an event that might be found in such a tale.

I'm not asking for pity of course, I just wish it wasn't the case I am experiencing this. No one wants to leave their country feeling negatively, especially because of events leading up to the departure. But we do not get to control what happens, and this is just my luck in this case before I go. Perhaps in a way it is exorcising any negative karma I have backstored, so I can have a neutral or clean slate when I leave.

I am not sure; I do know in my heart however that leaving after spending time with people I truly care about may be what is best. After all, I would much rather leave missing my country, than being glad to be done with it and having left.

Who wants to start a new chapter in life with the old one ending on a bitter note?

So I am choosing to extricate myself from the situation, and hopefully be able to leave on a positive note.

(For my other blog which focuses on martial arts, see: http://zenjael.blogspot.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment